Welcome to 4S Ranch!
The expansive master-planned community of 4S Ranch may be relatively younger than her neighbors, but it offers the same outstanding quality of life found elsewhere. Her tree-lined streets are safe and kid-friendly, the schools highly-rated, and the great outdoors an ideal playground for all kinds of adventurous pursuits. All of these surround the town center, located right at the very heart of the community.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
4S Ranch is, without a doubt, a great place to live. Learn more about 4S Ranch and 4S Ranch real estate below.
About 4S Ranch
- Location: 4S Ranch is located in San Diego’s North County area, approximately 25 miles north of Downtown San Diego. The community is bounded by Rancho Bernardo to the east, Santa Fe Valley to the west, Lake Hodges to the north, and Black Mountain Ranch to the south.
- Quick history: The hills and valleys of 4S Ranch were once used by the Spanish as grazing land for cattle in the early 19th century. Eventually, this land was included to the 17,000-acre Mexican land grant given to Captain Joseph Snook. Today’s 4S Ranch only occupies 2,300 acres of this sprawling parcel.
After his death, ownership of the land was transferred to Snook’s wife, Antonia Alvarado. It was then divided upon her death, with the 4S Ranch area purchased by Albert E. Smith in 1921. In 1938, the Ralphs family bought the land. They established orchards and ground wells throughout the area. It was only in the late 1970s when residential and commercial development began.
There are many theories surrounding the origins of 4S Ranch’s name and today, it remains shrouded in mystery.
- What’s in 4S Ranch?: 4S Ranch is primarily residential, with several gated communities sprawled across the community. Most of the commercial activity is concentrated in the town center, where you can find a wide range of community amenities and services.
About half of 4S Ranch’s total land area is dedicated open space, a huge chunk designated as a protected wildlife habitat. From here, you can access numerous hiking and biking trails that connect to different parts of North County and even beyond.
- Schools in 4S Ranch: 4S Ranch falls under the Poway Unified School District, guaranteeing access to some of the best schools in all of San Diego. Top-ranking schools in and around 4S Ranch include Stone Ranch Elementary, Oak Valley Middle, and Del Norte High.
4S Ranch is also home to a Boys & Girls Club, which provides after-school, weekend, and summer activities.
Real estate snapshot: Homes for sale in 4S Ranch
4S Ranch is composed of several gated neighborhoods and residential developments, each offering a plethora of real estate options. These subdivisions are laid out in a way that allows the town center to remain the epicenter of the entire community.
Some of the neighborhoods in 4S Ranch include:
- Mission Ranch
- Canyon Ridge
- Bel Etage
- Ivy Gate
- Rosemary Lane
Homes for sale in 4S Ranch come in a broad selection. Detached single-family houses are widely available, as are attached homes like condos, and townhomes. Townhomes can offer up to 1,200 square feet of living space, while luxury properties offer much more, averaging at about 4,500 square feet.
Aside from types, architectural styles come in a wide variety as well. Homes tend to favor traditional designs, however. As such, you will find a large number of ranch, California Craftsman, Mission, and Cottage all over the master-planned community.
If you’d like to learn more about homes for sale in 4S Ranch, contact me today! It would be a pleasure to show you your options in 4S Ranch’s real estate market.
Living in 4S Ranch
- The Town Center: If there is one thing that is incredibly integral to life in 4S Ranch, it’s the 53-acre Commons Town Center. Opened in 2006, this extensive development has everything. It literally is a one-stop shop. You can eat, shop, hang out, and even visit the library. Establishments you’ll find here include Ralphs, Ulta Beauty, CVS Pharmacy, Baskin Robbins, and even a daycare.
- Parks and recreation: There are several parks in 4S Ranch, such as Patriot Park, 4S Heritage Park, and 4S Ranch Sports Park. From here, you’ll have easy access to an intricate network of hiking trails that wind around the North County inland area. Outside 4S Ranch, recreational spaces open up to include golf courses and more, just a short drive away from the town center.