Welcome to Carmel Mountain Ranch!
Carmel Mountain Ranch is one of San Diego’s upscale master-planned communities. Carmel Mountain Ranch remains a family-friendly locale with an active, tight-knit community keen to preserve the neighborhood’s heritage and natural beauty.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Learn more about Carmel Mountain Ranch and Carmel Mountain Ranch real estate below.
About Carmel Mountain Ranch
- Location: Carmel Mountain Ranch is located east of Black Mountain Open Space Park, along I-15 and approximately 25 minutes away from Downtown San Diego. Poway is due east. Meanwhile, Carmel Mountain Ranch shares its southern boundary with Sabre Springs.
A fun fact! Despite its name, the actual Carmel Mountain is actually located about 10 miles from Carmel Mountain Ranch.
- Quick history: Carmel Mountain Ranch more or less share the same history with its neighboring communities. Before the Spanish occupation, it was inhabited by several indigenous groups.
The entire 1,500 acres of Carmel Mountain Ranch is actually part of two Mexican land grants, both dating back to the 1820s. These are Rancho San Bernardo and Rancho de los Penasquitos. It was a century (and then some− it was 1984) after that the development for Carmel Mountain Ranch was approved.
As for Carmel Mountain Ranch’s name, it is said that it was inspired by Carmel Mountain, a monastery (and dairy farm) established by the Carmelite Sisters of Mercy in 1905.
- What’s in Carmel Mountain Ranch?: The community has everything: great shopping, a variety of dining options, and a sprinkling of annual community events.
There is also Carmel Mountain Plaza, the one-stop destination for shopping and dining.
Schools in Carmel Mountain Ranch: One of the factors that make Carmel Mountain Ranch so family-friendly is that it is served by Poway Unified School District (PUSD). Public schools in and around the area include Highland Ranch Elementary, Bernardo Heights Middle School, and Rancho Bernardo High School.
Real estate snapshot: Homes for sale in Carmel Mountain Ranch
Carmel Mountain Ranch’s housing market is composed of detached, single-family homes, and condominiums, which make up the market’s inventory. These properties are typically two-story homes in a variety of designs that draw from different architectural styles, such as Mediterranean and Cape Cod.
It is also common for single-family homes and condos in Carmel Mountain Ranch to be quite spacious, offering between two to four bedrooms and plenty of living space, both indoors and outdoors. Most of these homes were built between the 1980s and 1990s. New construction is rare, if not nonexistent.
If you’re looking for a great family home , Carmel Mountain Ranch is a fabulous community! For more information about homes for sale in Carmel Mountain Ranch, get in touch with me today!
Living in Carmel Mountain Ranch
- Dining: Carmel Mountain Ranch can be a food lover’s playground with all the dining choices available in the community. Some of the restaurants we love include Cafe Luna, In-N-Out Burger, Grub Burger Bar, Kyodai Sushi, and the Fish District.
- Shopping in Carmel Mountain Ranch: There are three centers for retail therapy in Carmel Mountain Ranch: Carmel Mountain Plaza, Carmel Mountain Ranch Town Center, and Carmel Mountain Ranch Home Center.
Carmel Mountain has a wide variety of shops, entertainment, and dining located on site such as Nordstrom Rack, Michael’s Arts & Crafts and the Banana Republic Factory Store, The Angelika Film Center and the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. It also has a Home Depot for all your home improvement projects or renovations. Looking for a place for your pet? Petco offers food, treats, grooming and any other items for your favorite family pet.
- Outdoor recreation in and around Carmel Mountain Ranch: Of course! First of all, there’s Black Mountain Open Space Park, just a short drive from Carmel Mountain Ranch. For golf, there’s Bernardo Heights Country Club just around the corner.